Thursday, August 28, 2008

Judicial Book Banning

Judicial Book Banning



Most of us are familiar with the arbitrary and corrupt court decisions of judges in America which we have thus far tolerated. “Prudence, indeed, will dictate that governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shown that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed.” Declaration of Independence.



But now comes an interesting court decision from off our soil, and that is orders to destroy all copies of a book. Now why do we find this interesting. It is because if this kind of rulings are being made by the judiciary from off our shores, it certainly will not be long before we shall find our judges doing exactly the same thing here in America.



The below is an email to J.A.I.L. from New Zealand about what happened to her. I have taken the liberty of slightly editing it for understandability and readability while seeking not to change its substance.





VictoryUSA@jail4judges.org

_______________________________________________



From:
To: JAIL4Judges

Although I live in New Zealand, I appreciate receiving your e-mails and knowing that Americans are doing something about the judges who sit in judgment upon those forced to appear before them. It is great to hear that you are starting to have an impact.



As an author, I had once believed it was important to respect the judiciary. I no longer believe that. I have documents that prove that the courts in New Zealand condone secret trials to ban books, and the irony is that one of the books the High Court ordered destroyed was one written by this author.



An ex parte order was imposed upon me that told me that I could not tell even my husband that I was travelling some distance to appear in the High Court to face proceedings for contempt of court.



The hearings were heard in closed Chambers and all documents were to remain confidential. I was forced to disclose my manuscript with handwritten annotations. I was found to be in contempt of court, fined, ordered to pay damages, legal disbursements and court costs. An order was issued for all copies of my book to be destroyed.



I was accused of being reckless for relying on my lawyer who is now the Solicitor-General of New Zealand for legal advice.



Such is the state of justice in the country of New Zealand!

So thanks for being an inspiration to us.



Cheers

No comments: