This proves that fatherlessness is a huge problem for Western societies.
*63% of youth suicides (Source: U.S. D.H.K.S., Bureau of the Census)
* 70% of juveniles in State Institutions (Source: U.S. Dept. of justice, special Report, Sept 1988)
* 71% of teen pregnancies (U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services)
* 71% of High School dropouts (Source: National Principals Association Report on the State of High schools)
* 75% of children in chemical abuse centres (Source: Rainbows For All God's Children.)
* 80% of rapists motivated with displaced anger (Source: Criminal Justice & Behaviour, Vol 14, p- 403-26, 1978)
* 80% of adolescents in psychiatric hospitals (Source: "Family Matters: The Plight of America's Children.' The Christian Century, July1993: 14-21.)
* 85% of youth sitting in prisons (Source: Fulton Co. Georgia jail populations ,Texas Dept. of Corrections 1992).
* 85% of children with behavioural problems (Source: Centre for Disease Control)
* 87% of the juvenile offenders in the Virginia juvenile justice system do not live with both natural parents and 73% are rearrested within three years of their release. (Source: Virginia Joint Legislative and Audit Review Commission)
* 90% of homeless and runaway children (Source: U.S- D.H.H.S., Bureau of the Census)
or put another way;
5 times more likely to commit suicide
32 times more likely to run away
20 times more likely to have behavioral disorders
14 times more likely to commit rape
9 times more likely to drop out of school
10 times more likely to abuse chemical substances
9 times more likely to end up in a state operated institution
20 times more likely to end up in prison
Time to address this insidious problem for the children and community .