Monday, February 18, 2008

UK - F4J Batman will be back

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/displayNode.jsp?nodeId=23177

09:00 - 18 February 2008

Father's rights campaigner Jason Hatch say Fathers4Justice will be back with a bang this year with 'spectacular' protests in Cheltenham.The activist, who scaled the walls of Buckingham Palace dressed as Batman, says he will resume his high-profile publicity stunts.

Mr Hatch, 35, said: "I've been taking a bit of a back seat but the time is right to come out with a big bang - we're going to push it really hard this year.

"We'll be going after Gordon Brown and also national security targets and roads. I've always said GCHQ is a target for one of my protests - it's in my home town and it's a national security institution. There is still a big group in Cheltenham. We've got to do something to get into the public eye again."

Jason, who now lives in Wiltshire but still owns property in Cheltenham, said he was getting back to campaigning because the law regarding fathers' access to their children has not changed.

He said: "My ex-wife cut off contact with my children. I'm having to go through the courts again to be able to see them.

"Nothing's changed, the system is still against fathers.

"I still talk to guys every day who tell me what difficulties they've had and what they've had to go through."

"This time we're able to track some high-level members of Parliament and the Government so we can target the people right at the top."

Last October Jason, who has four children, was cleared of charges of kidnap after handcuffing ex-Children's Minister Margaret Hodge during a conference in Salford in 2004.

He said: "Getting acquitted shows we still have the support of the public."

No comments: